- ArcGIS Desktop: desktop-based GIS applications.
- ArcGIS Engine: various components to create their own GIS applications.
- Server GIS: a collection of server-based GIS applications (ArcSDE, ArcIMS, ArcGIS Server).
- Mobile GIS: GIS applications for mobile devices (ArcPad).
|Comparison of the ability level of ArcView, ArcEditor, ArcInfo.|
- ArcCatalog: functions to access and manage data management (non-spatial data and spatial) with ease. Users can search for desired data, display, view, or create metadata. ArcCatalog can also connect an external database (MS Access, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) with the data already held.
- ArcMap: designed for data display, editing, printing high-quality maps and perform spatial analysis.
- ArcToolbox: contains tools (tools) for various geoprocessing as well as conversion between data formats.